Review: Mistress of the Wind by Michelle Diener

Mistress of the Wind - Michelle Diener

Mistress of the Wind is the second book I've read by Michelle Diener and it was another amazing read for me. Now, I haven't read the original tale so I have no idea how close the stories are but this is a beautiful book in its own right either way.
The book follows Bjorn, the demi-god son of a Vanir (a race of Norse gods) who has been transformed into a bear by his troll of a stepmother Norga, in a bargain they've struck. If he is unable to find the girl he met many years ago and wishes to have for his own, he will be forced to marry his stepmother's daughter. As the synopsis says though Bjorn gets more than expected when he finds his lady, Astrid.
As a big fan of mythology, Mistress of the Wind was new for me since I've never read any Norse mythology. The romance is sweet, the action kick-butt and the characters loveable, especially Bjorn's friend Jorgen. The story is fast-paced and never boring, the world a beauty and Michelle's writing so wonderfully detailed that I felt I was with Bjorn and Astrid on their journey.
So for the mythology, romance and fantasy fans Mistress of the Wind is the perfect read for you.

*Thanks so much to Michelle Diener and NetGalley for letting me review Mistress of the Wind!*

Source: http://bookbirdreviews.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-mistress-of-wind-by-michelle.html